In addition to our Duke University interns, this year we are also hosting three interns from Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda. Interns will be hosted by organizations such as Afya Research Africa, Jacaranda Health , MicroClinic Technologies, and WiserCare.
The interns will be working on projects such as:
- Developing electronic medical records apps
- Projecting return on investment for specific products
- Conducting market scans of cost effective ways to improve health worker performance
- Supporting growth through the development of a market expansion plan
- Developing a financial model to guide future business plans and strategy
This year’s cohort of interns includes:
- Robert Basomingera, MS – Information Technology, working with Afya Research Africa
- Moses Kalema, MS – Electrical and Computer Engineering, working with MicroClinic Technologies
- Emmy Komada, MBA, working with Jacaranda Health
- Joshua Ocero, MS – Information Technology, working with MicroClinic Technologies
- Patrick O’Shea, MD/MBA dual degree, working with WiserCare
- James Ruggiero, MBA, working with Afya Research Africa
The interns will be with the hosting organizations through July and will return to their universities in August to finalize deliverables. We will be sharing more about their work throughout the summer.