The Higher Education Solutions Network’s TechCon2014 is a public event that brings together students, academics, international development experts, investors, entrepreneurs and tech influencers to address how science, technology, and innovation are shaping international development and the solutions to our most important development challenges.
This year, TechCon 2014 will showcase more than 40 innovations emerging from USAID’s Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN) Development Labs and partners. An Innovation Marketplace will showcase innovations, and will conclude with one young innovator being crowned the top winner through a Shark Tank style competition. TechCon will also offer a variety of discussions, networking opportunities, unconference sessions, and talks by leading voices in development.
- Nicholas Dirks, Chancellor of UC Berkeley
- Lynelle Cameron, President and CEO of the Autodesk Foundation and the Senior Director of Sustainability at Autodesk, Inc.
- Chuck Slaughter, Founder and CEO of LivingGoods
- Kate Bergeron, Senior Director of Product Design at Apple
- Richard Blum, Founder and Trustee of the Blum Center for Developing Economies
- Eric Brewer, Vice President of Infrastructure at Google
- Lona Stoll, Acting Executive Director of USAID’s Global Development Lab
Follow the conversation on Twitter at @USAID, @GlobalDevLab and #HESN